MSTSA objective for Research and Development is to engage in high quality research which will reflect the priorities of the Alliance and contribute significantly towards school improvement both locally and nationally.
We aim to use research and development to: -
• Show evidence of engagement in research and development that reflects agreed priorities, builds on existing external research/evidence, and contributes towards the alliance's overall priorities.
• Ensure that new initiatives within the alliance are based on existing evidence and include a rigorous evaluative focus, drawing on external expertise.
• Demonstrate an ability to work with other teaching schools on research and development activities as part of regional or national networks where appropriate.
• Ensure that existing evidence can be accessed and used by staff and that appropriate staff have the time and support needed to undertake research and development activities.
• Effectively disseminate learning from research and development work across the alliance and the wider school system.